The USLA MISSION STATES "The USLA is America's non-profit, professional association of beach lifeguards and open water rescuers. USLA works to reduce the incidence of death and injury in the aquatic environment, through public education, national lifeguard standards, training programs, promotion of high levels of lifeguard readiness and other means."
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS OF THE USLA INCLUDE:
- USLA member card.
- USLA decal and other items.
- The latest information on open water rescue.
- Lifeguard education conferences.
- Eligible to compete in Regional, National, and World Lifeguard Competitions.
- Eligible for Regional, National and International Lifeguard Exchange Programs.
- Membership in the only professional open water lifeguards association.
- Access to free public educational materials.
SPECIAL BENEFITS FOR JUNIORS:
- Participation in USLA Sanctioned Competitions.
- Regional, National, and International lifeguard exchanges.
- Affiliation with junior lifeguard program and competition.
All Jones Beach Junior Lifeguard program team members are automatically registered for USLA as their membership dues are part of the fee for the program. The membership year begins July 1st and ends June 30th the following year.